About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Thursday, October 16, 2014

BAMMERS: Everything is OK. Really, it is.

You thought you knew all about Alabama after the Florida game on Sept 20th. It's ok, I did too.

I thought we were the same dominant team that we had been since the Clemson game kicked off on August 31, 2008.

The Ole Miss game, despite the pile of utter garbage the refs were that day, proved that we weren't the team that we all thought we were. That we have come to feel we deserve to be. The Ole Miss game brought us back down to earth, didn't it? We no longer had delusions of 2014 grandeur, did we? Oh we did? Yeah, I know. I did too. I immediately got over the loss and turned my thoughts to the catastrophic destruction we were going to lay on the Razorbacks of Arkansas. This would be our comeback party. We'd beaten these sissies 52-0 each of the past two seasons. No way they would be a threat to us. I mean, they'll probably score, but there's no way they keep us under 40.

Well, shit.

So maybe we are not a championship team in 2014. And that's ok. Really, it is. Nobody wins it all every year and we are still in the middle of the greatest run in college football history. Nobody doubts we will win another title or two under Saban, depending upon how long until he retires. If he's here another decade, you can pencil us in for 2 or 3 titles in that period of time. And that's at the very least. And while looking forward to great success like that is fun, it also comes with the fact that there will be several seasons where we fall short. Mess up along the way. Lose to Auburn. Shit's gonna happen from time to time. But we will be the most consistent team in college football over the next decade. And that is one thing I am sure of.

What I'm not sure of right now is the outcome of this season. But we shouldn't be written off either. Not by the experts, and certainly by our own fanbase. Alabama is still one of the best teams in the country. We are stocked with a roster full of the top recruits in the country over the past 5 years. While things have gotten shaky lately, we do have a brilliant offensive mind at the OC position. And a QB that can do many things. Most of them good. We will be ok.

Even if we don't win it all this year. But don't think we have any worse chance than anyone else.

Roll Tide

P.S.- If I'm turning soft, it's probably because I am going to be a father soon. To a little girl. My first child. After my wife and I had been together and trying for over 5 years. It finally happened. So I apologize if not many things can happen in this game of football that will keep me down for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment