About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Quan Bray's Tragedy

I just wanted to share my thoughts on this terrible thing that has happened.

For those who don't know, Quan Bray is going to be a freshman running back at Auburn this year. Yesterday morning, the news came out that his mother had been shot and killed by her husband.

It's times like this that things are put into true perspective and we learn about ourselves as people.

It's events such as these that render our love for one team or hate for another completely meaningless.

It doesn't matter who you root for or against. All we can do as people is to lend a helping hand whenever possible and show our support for each other during real life tragedies

Losing a parent is hard for anyone, at any age, for any reason. But when it is to something as senseless as this, it is especially hard. And I just wanted to use this space, this trivial little forum I have created for myself, to extend my thoughts and prayers to Quan Bray and his family.

Best of luck to you in the future, Quan, and see you on the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment