About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Monday, July 18, 2011

Reuben Foster and O.J. Howard Rolling With The Tide

Reuben Foster is widely considered one of the top linebacker prospects for the class of 2013. He is 6'1", 230 with above average speed. He is a very instinctive and intelligent player. The only thing he will need to improve upon as far as anyone can tell right now are pass coverage skills, which of course most young linebackers need to improve upon at first. That's one thing that is an advantage of playing for Nick Saban as a linebacker. You know you are going to learn how to cover. A good comparison to me would be current Alabama linebackers C.J. Mosley and Trey DePriest, who are of similar size and skill set. Of course, there are no ratings or rankings for kids in that class, because it is way too early. But you can know that he is an elite player by looking at the list of schools who have already been after him, after only his sophomore year at Troupe County High in LaGrange, GA: Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, South Carolina. Those are schools who typically always go after and get really good linebacker and defensive line prospects. Even without any official rating for a player, when all these coaches who know far more than we do are after a player this early, you know he's a good one. Gentry Estes of 247 Sports says that Foster is a candidate to be the No 1 overall player in the country next year

Today, Reuben announced that he would be attending the University Of Alabama to play for Nick Saban.

When asked why he chose Alabama, he said, "I chose Alabama because of the tradition they have and it is like family there. They have a lot of national championships and that is what I want to play for. I also like how they put a lot of linebackers in the NFL because that is where I want to play."

Sounds like a smart kid. It's also especially sweet to get a guy like this, when you consider the fact that Auburn wanted him badly. Trooper Taylor had been recruiting him really hard, and LaGrange, GA is right down the road from Auburn. Hurts, doesn't it Troop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZwyCUH_1sA Highlights of Foster. If he plays like that in college, he will be as good as you can get

O.J. Howard is a 6'5" 220 prospect out of Autauga Academy in Prattville, AL who could play linebacker or Tight End, though he is expected to be a linebacker in college. He also announced today that he will be attending the University Of Alabama. According to Scout.com, his only offer right now is Alabama. Of course it is early, and we have seen several cases over the last few years where Saban offers a guy early that not many others are after yet, then the guy blows up and gets multiple offers from top schools and ends up being a top recruit. Either way, we all know we can trust Nick Saban's track record when it comes to guys like this. If Saban wants him, he is definitely good enough to play for the Crimson Tide

"I committed to Alabama this morning", O.J. told Scout.com, "I walked in Coach Saban's office. He told me they liked me and wanted to offer me. He told me I didn't have to rush my decision at all. I felt like the time was right. I knew where I wanted to go. I went ahead and committed."

No comments:

Post a Comment