About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Instant Impact: Trey DePriest

This week I will be starting a series called Instant Impact, where I write about players who I believe will play immediately this year. True Freshmen, Redshirt Freshmen, and JUCO players, as well as transfers. I will start with Bama's players, but I will also talk about who I think will be the next young stars around the SEC later on

First off this week, is one of my favorite incoming players at Alabama, Trey DePriest.

Trey is a 6'2" 230 lb true freshman inside linebacker from Columbus, OH. Many had him rated as the number one overall linebacker prospect in the nation coming out of high school in 2011. He enrolled early and got on the field right away, and played quite a bit in the spring game

Linebacker is certainly not a position that Alabama is lacking in NFL talent, and you wouldn't think that a freshman would be able to come in an do anything other than redshirt in his first year, but that is just how impressive DePriest is.

I saw him in person at the A-Day game and he looked more like a 3rd year starter than he did a kid who could've still been in high school.

After Hightower, Johnson, Upshaw, and Mosley, there will be plenty of time for the backups, including Jerrell Harris who still has yet to put it all together. If Harris doesn't become the player he should've already become, don't be surprised to see him fall behind the true frosh.

Trey DePriest has future All American and first round draft pick written all over him

No comments:

Post a Comment