About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Friday, August 5, 2011

Two Commitments For The Tide

Happy Black Friday, Y'all!!!!

Ok, so I borrowed that from a friend's twitter account, but after losing all everything QB Jameis Winston to Florida State this week, it was great to get a commitment from one of the best players in the class of 2012

Chris Black is a 5'11", 175 lb wideout from Jacksonville, FL. He also had offers from Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Miami, and others

He lacks ideal height, but he is an extremely fast, shifty guy, who is quick off the line, great at making people miss, and could also contribute in the return game

His high school coach, Marty Lee, had this to say about him:

"Chris is a hard worker, and not only is he a great athlete, he's a great leader. He's very humble. He has not let this whole process go to his head. He's a great football player, but he's a better person"

Chris himself, said that playing for Nick Saban will be a dream come true.

He sounds like a great kid, and I look forward to seeing him in Crimson

Black wasn't the only player to announce on Friday that they would be taking their talents to Tuscaloosa. With the aforementioned loss of Jameis Winston, and the fact that we have already lost Gunner Kiel to freaking Indiana, we were left with having to go in another direction for our QB in this class

Alec Morris is a 6'4" 235 lb QB from the state of Texas that had already been committed to Wake Forest. Alec has extremely great size and looks good on tape, so I think we have a very good prospect in him.

Of course, some fans are still very disappointed that we lost out on Winston and Kiel. That was a total failure, not getting either one of those guys. One guy even said to me that it feels like we lost out on Tim Tebow and picked up Greg McElroy again.

About that. Greg McElroy, of course, was not the best QB in the world. He didn't have the strongest arm ever. But he was an extremely hard worker, a smart guy, that everyone could rally around. And all he did was win the National Championship

I'll take that kinda guy again in a heartbeat. And I'll hope that Jameis Winston just goes ahead and enters the MLB next summer instead of playing football. That'll make it feel a little better

Oh, and Alec had this to say, when asked about being compared to Greg, who was from the same part of Texas: "I'm honored to be compared to him, but as of now, I've done nothing, so I'm not sure I deserve that comparison"

Gotta love that attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment