About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Assistant Coaches

In my last post, I talked about Sal Sunseri leaving Alabama for Tennessee, and I used former Alabama assistant Lance Thompson as an expample of why we would be fine without Sunseri. 


When Thompson left for Tennessee in 2008, we went on to be perfectly fine of course. And I joked about Thompson not being such a big loss in hindsight


Well, guess who's back?


Lance Thompson has told his friends and others that he will be leaving Tennessee and going BACK to Alabama now, to take over the position that Sunseri will now be vacating. A sort of assistant trade, effectively


Either way, I expect not much to change. Sunseri and Thompson are both fine recruiters and coaches, but obviously it's the big guy calling all the shots that I will give all the credit to


Also, it appears that we now know who will be replacing Jim McElwain as OC. University of Washington offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier will be leaving Washington to take the same position at Bama. Nussmeier coached Jake Locker at Washington. He also took over at Fresno St when Jim McElwain originally left there to come to Bama. Before that, he had spent some time as the QB Coach for the St. Louis Rams. He is said to be good at developing QB's and he has a great one to work with for at least the next two seasons, so we shall see

No comments:

Post a Comment