|Norwood making the Honey Badger his bitch|
1. Kenny Bell, Jr./Kevin Norwood, Jr.
2. DeAndrew White, So./Amari Cooper, Fr./Marvin Shinn, rFr
3. Christion Jones, So./Danny Woodson, Jr.
We are so loaded with great young talent at this position. Marquis Maze and Darius Hanks were both good players for us for several years, and they will be missed, but this group is the most talented, top to bottom, at Alabama in a very long time. All of the guys listed above would be starters at 7 or 8 SEC school.
Bell and Norwood could start for anyone in the SEC and as far as I'm concerned, by the end of the year, there may not be many guys better than Kevin Norwood in the SEC. While Norwood is a leaping freak with great hands who will catch almost anything thrown his direction, Bell is more the speedster that is a home run threat. Norwood is more likely to jump over his opponent, as seen above, to make a possession grab, while Bell is likely to end up behind his defender on his way to the endzone
|Amari Cooper, the next big thing|
DeAndrew White and Marvin Shinn are both tall guys who can go up and get it. I've always been a fan of White's, and Shinn has been awesome so far in fall camp as well. Christion Jones has a good chance to replace Maze as our return man
Our 3rd receiver slot after Bell and Norwood is going to be a fight between 3 or 4 guys who are equally able to take it, and the best way I can put it is to say that all you have to do is look back to 5 or 6 years ago and remember guys like DJ Hall, Matt Caddel, Keith Brown, etc. While they were all serviceable guys from 05-07, None of those guys would be in the top 3 of this group, and Hall set records at Bama
I don't think I'm going overboard either. This group of completely FULL of legit elite talent, and with the QB to get them the ball, I think we are going to see alot more deep passing this year than we have seen at Bama.
"I think we have maybe the best chemistry we have had in a long time between the quarterback and receivers" - Nick Saban
1. Michael Williams, Sr./Jalston Fowler, Sr.
2. Malcome Faciane, rFr/Brian Vogler, So.
3. Harrison Jones, So./Brent Calloway, rFr
1. Cyrus Jones. 5 stars. No. 6 in the nation. Class of 2012
2. Ardarius Stewart. 4 stars. No. 10 in the nation. Class of 2013
3. Raheem Falkins. 3 stars. No. 50 in the nation. Class of 2013
4. OJ Howard. 5 stars. No. 1 in the nation. Class of 2013