About Me

My photo
My name is Eric. My love of and loyalty to the University of Alabama football team is unparalleled and completely inappropriate. I hate all other teams, and wish them peril. Also, you can hear my music at www.reverbnation.com/EricBlackerby or www.youtube.com/EricBlackerbyMusic

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rising Star: Adrian Hubbard

Adrian Hubbard (No. 42) is a 6'7' 235 lb beast of a linebacker/defensive end from Norcross, GA. He is entering his sophomore season at Bama.

Coming out of high school, he was a 4 star prospect with offers from pretty much everyone in the country. He chose Bama over Florida State, South Carolina, and a few others.

Adrian was the defensive MVP in the spring game in April and I think he is going to fill in nicely for the departed Courtney Upshaw. He is pretty much Courtney Upshaw Pt. 2. But quicker and more athletic. That's pretty scary. I really look for Hubbard to be an immediate impact player on the team this fall and one of the best in the country going into his Junior year in 2013.

This offseason, he had two hernia surgeries, but he is completely recovered from that and is full speed in fall practice.

He is a complete team first guy, who gave credit to his teammates for his performance in the spring game and didn't think he did that well. It's great to have a guy like that who is clearly an awesome player, but is never satisfied.

I don't think it will take long into the Michigan game before he makes a few big hits behind the line and begins to make a name for himself

No comments:

Post a Comment